Go to main navigation
551 Port Washington Boulevard, Suite 1, Port Washington, New York 11050
Free Telephone Consultation 516 767-1231 516 767-1231

 Attorney Ensuring Your Interests Are Protected

Helping you after a divorce

When you and your spouse divorce, there are a number of decisions you need to make that will have a long-term impact on your quality of life. One of the decisions the New York courts generally make on behalf of those involved is whether or not you are required to provide your spouse with monetary support, which is also known as alimony or spousal support.  I am familiar with the new support law recently enacted in New York State.

Alimony or Spousal Support  is one of the most frequently fought-over issues in divorce, and while courts and lawyers strive to split marital assets equitably, equitable does not necessarily mean equal. I always work to reach a fair agreement between our client and the opposing party.

Experienced in negotiating and litigating support agreements

When determining whether or not spousal support should be granted, how much should be awarded and for how long it should continue, New York  judges carefully appraise a couple’s length of marriage, their standard of living during the marriage, the relative income of each individual and the needs of each spouse. Retaining an experienced matrimonial  attorney can help you convince the court that you need support, and thus increase the chance that alimony will be awarded. Alternatively, I can also work to convince the judge that your ex-spouse does not need spousal support, or needs less than he or she asked for.

Working for your peace of mind

I represent clients who are seeking alimony as well as those who would be required to pay it. My clients are often concerned about whether they are required to pay alimony if their circumstances change. Others come to me if they are not receiving the alimony payments specified by the agreement. I can help you present evidence to the court as to why the amount you pay should be decreased or request that the court properly enforce the alimony agreement.

Contact an experienced  attorney

Call Dina De Giorgio at 516 767-1231 or contact me online to schedule a free telephone consultation or schedule an appointment in my Port Washington, New York office.